Samantha’s Pick of the Week is our Sari Pattern Yoga Mat Bags. She says that they’re “a beautiful bag for carrying your mat. Comes in a variety of authentic Indian patterns, and is made with a smooth-to-the-touch, yet durable fabric.”
With their drawstring top loading style, zippered front pocket, and wide strap, our Sari Pattern Bags are as durable and comfortable as they are attractive.
Stop by www.barefootyoga.com to view all of the available patterns and colors of our Sari Pattern Bags, as well as our selection of other Yoga Mat Bags!
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News, Yoga Gift Ideas, Yoga Mats, Yoga Supplies
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on February 21, 2013
Barefoot Yoga has teamed up with the blog Yoga for Men to offer a giveaway of our Rajasthan Practice Rug for one lucky reader!
While traditionally used as Ashtanga yoga rugs in India, our practice rugs also work wonderfully for any athletic or sweat-producing yoga practices, such as Bikram and Vinyasa.
Jonathan of Yoga for Men writes, “I’ve been using the Rajasthan rug for about a week now and I’m definitely liking it. I’ll post the review later, but for now you can enter the raffle filling out the form. I’ll pick one winner at random and the rug will be on its way.”
Go to Yoga for Men to enter the giveaway, and visit www.barefootyoga.com to see our Mysore Practice Rugs, available in a variety of colors and styles!
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News, Press, Styles of Yoga, Yoga Supplies
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on February 19, 2013
Diana at My Empty Nest recently had a chance to try out a Barefoot Hybrid Eco Mat and a lavender scented Silk Eye Pillow, and reviewed them on her blog.
She wrote about our Hybrid Eco Mat, “When you step onto your beautiful new mat you will notice it feels great under your feet and the surface prevented me for having any slips. They come in a lovely array of colors to choose from and two thicknesses for your comfort.”
After she used our Silk Eye Pillow, she said, “The way the pillow contours to your eyes and scent that gently emanates relaxed me totally and completely. They come with slip covers in either solid colors, like mine, or sari designs.”
Visit My Empty Nest to read the rest of her review. And stop by www.barefootyoga.com to view our selection of colorful Hybrid Eco Yoga Mats, relaxing Silk Eye Pillows, and other essential yoga props and accessories for your practice!
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News, Eco-Friendly Yoga Products, Press, Yoga Mats, Yoga Supplies
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on February 14, 2013
Kristen at the Bliss blog recently had a chance to try out our Hatha Practice Rug. In her review, she says: “It was really nice to have a bigger rug so my entire body fit on it and I didn’t have to move around!”
She also mentioned, “I didn’t like the thinner aspect, since I’m kind of a pansy.” At Barefoot Yoga, we often recommend putting our Mysore Practice Rugs over any yoga mat, both for the extra cushion, and to help with traction on smooth floors.
Read the rest of Kristen’s review at Bliss. And visit barefootyoga.com to shop for yoga rugs and other supplies. Kristen says, “They have everything for your yoga needs! From mats, to rugs, to clothes, books, eye pillows and accessories! Seriously… everything!”
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News, Mysore Practice Rugs, Press, Yoga Supplies
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on February 5, 2013
Grace’s Pick of the Week is her recipe for Golden Milk: “With the end of the holidays and the official start of winter, I like to make Golden Milk. It’s a soothing night-time drink that is great for lubricating the joints. Turmeric, one of the ingredients, is known for its antibiotic and healing properties. Hope this helps with your practice!”
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup Water
- 8 oz Milk (or lactose-free milk in my case )
- 2 Tbsp Almond Oil
- Honey or Maple Syrup to taste (I prefer honey as it helps with seasonal allergies)
- Place water and turmeric in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring to a paste for 8 minutes.
- Place milk and almond oil in a separate sauce pan and heat until the milk just comes to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add the turmeric paste to the milk and stir until the milk becomes completely yellow.
- Add honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Drink Warm.
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on January 18, 2013
Elephant Journal recently featured Barefoot Yoga’s top 10 yoga gifts for the yogi in your life:
- Silk Eye Pillows – in solid colors or sari designs with matching carry-case
- Barefoot Yoga Hybrid Eco Mats – a long-lasting, high quality and affordable mat
- Original Eco Yoga Mats – rated the #1 yoga mat by the New York Times
- Mysore Practice Rugs – great for Astanga, Bikram or Vinyasa yoga
- Cotton Velvet Yoga Mat Bags – soft and durable bags that will fit most any mat
- Silk Sari Meditation Cushions – unique sari patterns in luxurious 100% silk
- Bamboo Yoga Blocks – light-weight, durable, and eco friendly
- Beeswax Aromatherapy Candles – 100% pure beeswax and essential oils
- Nag Champa Incense – all-natural and made in India
- Yoga Package Super Deal – a mat, bag, and eye pillow for only $39!
Visit www.barefootyoga.com for more great yoga gift ideas. And with our current Free 3-Day shipping offer, we can still get your order out in time for the holidays!
Posted under Barefoot Yoga News, Eco-Friendly Yoga Products, Mysore Practice Rugs, Press, Styles of Yoga, Yoga Gift Ideas, Yoga Supplies
This post was written by Barefoot Yoga on December 18, 2012